Today Valerie from Chronicles of a Babywise Mom is posting on her blog about what to do when your child is afraid of the dark.
Val reminds us that “Fears can be a normal part of development. As children get older and have imaginations, they can be scared of the dark. As you approach the situation when your child is afraid of the dark, try to remain patient and understanding. Remember that sometimes you are afraid of the unknown also and also that fear is a normal thing.” Check out her post for a few ways to help your child cope with fear of the dark.
The ladies of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network are all blogging about “fear” this week. Check them out on these days:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom – What To Do When Your Child is Scared of the Dark
- Tuesday: Natasha at Let’s Be Brave – 9 Ways to Teach Your Kids Bravery and Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos – How to Ease Your Toddler’s Fears
- Wednesday: Christine at Christine Keys – 3 Powerful Ways to Conquer Your Child’s Irrational Fears and Carrie at Wiley Adventures – Eliminating Fears at Bedtime
- Thursday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright – Real vs. Fake Fears: How to Distinguish Between the Two
- Friday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood – How to Help Prevent Childhood Fears and Caitlin at Rogers Party of 5 – Fear of Transitions