Today Carrie is posting on her blog about how to manage fears at bedtime.
“Even as an adult, there is something about bedtime that makes the fears and anxiety rise to the surface. Something about the dark, the quiet, the aloneness, that triggers scary thoughts and fears. And I don’t know about you, but very few times has it actually worked to just tell myself to stop it, to stop being afraid. As an adult, I’ve learned how to manage my fears in healthy ways and I think that’s the best way to teach our kids to handle their fears as well.”
Check out Carrie’s post here!
The ladies of the Babywise Friendly Blog Network are all blogging about “fear” this week. Check them out on these days:
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom – What To Do When Your Child is Scared of the Dark
- Tuesday: Natasha at Let’s Be Brave – 9 Ways to Teach Your Kids to Be Brave and Katrina at Mama’s Organized Chaos – How to Ease Your Toddler’s Fears
- Wednesday: Christine at Christine Keys – 3 Powerful Ways to Conquer Your Child’s Irrational Fearsand Carrie at Wiley Adventures – Eliminating Fears at Bedtime
- Thursday: Kimberly at Team Cartwright – Real vs. Fake Fears: How to Distinguish Between the Two
- Friday: Emily at The Journey of Parenthood – How to Help Prevent Childhood Fears